Welcome to 2012! If you’re looking for some new year resolutions that don’t involve diet or exercise, then here are some ideas to pick from to get your year off to a good start.
1. Start my AAT training: there are plenty of AAT training providers in Scotland with courses starting in January. To find your nearest one and sign up fast, visit the AAT website.
2. Look into apprenticeships: you may have heard about the Scottish government’s commitment to funding modern apprenticeships but did you know that the AAT accounting qualification is on the MA framework for accountancy? If an apprenticeship isn’t right for you, then there are also plenty of other funding opportunities available for both individuals and employers. Visit Skills Development Scotland for more information on how to get some financial support for your training.
3. Find a new job: The recruitment market may be tough but the AAT Jobs website has opportunities for both trainee positions and qualified staff. If your looking for work or looking for someone to join your workforce it’s a great place to start.
4. Apply for my AAT membership: Finished your AAT exams but not got round to applying for your letters? Take the time to do it now, and take advantage of all the benefits on offer to our members throughout the year ahead. Visit our AAT members pages to find out more.
5. Do some networking: AAT run events across the country through our branch network and in conjunction with other professional bodies on a wide range of topics from tax updates to advice on how to set up your own accountancy practice. Whatever the topic, they’re a great way to network, exchange ideas and meet new people. To find out what’s going on near you visit our events pages.
Here’s to a successful year ahead!